In accordance to Republic Act No. 10173, known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, Don Bosco Technical Institute of Makati, Inc (DBTI), a Personal Information Controller, hereby commits itself to protect and respect privacy among Data Subjects, herein referred to as Students and Parents, in handling Personal Information for use in its school operations.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
During the Stay of the Data Subjects;
- We collect personal information pertaining to, but not limited to name, address, contact information etc;
- We collect personal Information in many forms, including but not limited to photographic images, audio – video materials, written records, files and other digital materials.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use personal information in processing privilege personal information such as grading sheets, personal profiles and portfolios.
- We may also use the personal information in generating sensitive personal information such as Health Records, Psychological Tests, IQ Test, Character deliberation sheets and other documents that may help the school in understanding the Data Subject.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share the personal information with other Personal Information Controllers found inside DBTI namely; Registrar, Accounting, Guidance, Academic Heads, Library, ICT, Placement, Scholarship and Security Office.
- Upon Data Subject’s permission, we may share Personal Information with third party Personal Information Processors to aid the processing of grades, accounting and invoice documents and implement security utilizing school RFID and CCTV systems.
- We may also use Personal Information for school operations using Learning Management Systems, School publications such as print, web, and social media platforms.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Don Bosco Technical Institute secures your personal information from misuse, modification or disclosure and unauthorized access. We will ensure personal information is processed, collected and disclosed only by authorized personnel enforcing security measures for both digital and physical copies. Data subject may dispute the integrity or report any unauthorized disclosures or misuse of Personal
Information thru the Data Privacy Unit of ICT Office for proper disposition. Unless otherwise provided by law or by appropriate school policies, we will retain your relevant personal data indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. Where a retention period is provided by law and/or a school policy, all affected records will be securely disposed of after such period.
We may, from time to time, make changes to this Policy. On such occasions, we will let you know through our website and, when permissible, other means of communication. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting on the website.